Moonshiners airs on the Discovery Channel
Every Spring, a fearless group of men and women venture deep into the woods of Appalachia, defying the law, rivals and nature itself to keep the centuries-old tradition of craft whiskey alive. This season a new generation of moonshiners are striving to take the ancient art into the 21st-century, using age-old methods to produce new flavors and liquor varieties that could transform America’s liquor landscape.
With fortune and glory on the line, old partnerships are tested, and young upstarts look to stake their claim on new territory. As the black market for white whiskey heats up, desperate shiners put new, dangerous still designs into service, while legendary old-timers come out of retirement to head back into the hills for one more run. All the while, the ever-present threat of the law continues to put the squeeze on those dedicated to America’s original spirit.
Sugarlands Shine Butterscotch Gold Moonshine
Butterscotch Gold brings out tastes of brown sugar, caramel, and vanilla that informs memories of kettle corn at the county fair. Slight hazelnut notes and a lingering cream flavor contributes to a long finish.
- Butterscotch blends with sea salt, banana, and caramel flavors. Serve alongside a plate of pork, brownies or a bowl of popcorn!
- This ‘shine is a great substitute for vanilla vodka in your favorite cocktails.
Sugarlands Shine Butterscotch Gold Moonshine Awards
- LA International Spirits Competition – Bronze Medal
- New York International Spirits Competition – Bronze Medal
- San Diego Spirits Festival International Spirits – Bronze Medal
- SIPS Awards – Platinum Medal
- San Francisco World Spirits Competition – Silver Medal